Welcome to the Stark Naked Cooking Blog!
This space is inspired by my own love of cooking and desire to challenge myself. It is designed to express culinary creativity regarding healthy meal options; hence the reference to “Naked Cooking”. Rest assured the only thing that we’ll be undressing is our passion for food and our love to try new recipes.
I hope you find something that will appeal to you in every category: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
A little bit about me:
- I graduated from The Institute of Culinary Education in March of 2017 after completing both the Culinary Arts and Culinary Management programs. (I’m a slight overachiever).
- If I could only eat one food for the remainder of my life, I would choose eggs (pronounced AY-ggs), since there are such a variety of ways to prepare it. And yes, AY-ggs is really how I say it. Apparently it’s a North Jersey thing, you wouldn’t understand. (Just like Jeep)
- I try not to take life too seriously. I can crack a joke about almost anything. People on haunted hayrides dislike me for this.
- Running and exercising are cathartic outlets for me. (No, this is not a joke from the aforementioned bullet point.)
- For a brief time I lived in Madrid, Spain and got the lovely opportunity to experience their healthcare. (Not a dig on Spain’s healthcare, more of a dig on my body having the most opportune timing to break down.)
- I’m an adrenaline enthusiast. I’ve gone skydiving, have my motorcycle license and really enjoy rollercoasters. For which my cardiologists absolutely LOVE me for. (Was the sarcasm noticeable there?)
- I have a heart condition which I forget about a lot of the time. I figure that’s what keeps me a sassy and spry late 20 something year old. Woo!
- I prefer Instagram over Facebook.
- My dream job: would be to be part of the cast for Anthony Bourdain’s: Parts Unknown so that I could travel, eat and learn about other cultures.
- I’m an avid artist. My favorite mediums are painting and drawing. I may even display a drawing or two on this blog for shits and giggles.
- I enjoy the occasional swear.
But enough about me, let’s get to the meat and potatoes of why you are here: HEALTHY FOOD!
So sit down, get your drop cloth ready and buckle up buttercup, because things are about to get saucy!