It’s Sunday morning and you’re trying to figure out what appetizing breakfast you want to feed the horde (aka the family). As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you want to start off the day for these little buggers with a pop of flavor! But you also don’t want to have to spend a whole lot of effort and time. Heard, loud and clear. That’s why these fluffy lemon blueberry pancakes are amazing! They are super quick to put together and don’t take long to cook. Which is nice when you want to change gears.
I had that similar feeling this weekend. We’ve been having all variations of eggs in the morning before work, but for the weekend I wanted to try something different. I went through my mental checklist of what we had in the apartment that could be McGyvered into breakfast when pancakes came to mind. Since I’ve been into a real baking kick lately, we already had the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, eggs, butter, vanilla extract AND we had just bought a lemon and a whole carton of fresh blueberries! So why not give it a shot!
These pancakes turned out be so fluffy. Plus, with the fresh blueberries and hint of lemon zest they were so freaking tasty! It was a nice change of pace from scrambled eggs and omelets. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some eggs for b-fast, however sometimes you just need to switch it up. Just make sure not to overmix the batter while combining ingredients. Otherwise you’ll end up with some tough pancakes. Nobody wants a hockey puck for breakfast.
I hope you enjoy this breakfast recipe! Please feel free to share your pictures of your own Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Pancakes on Instagram and tag me @starknakedcooking! I’d love to see how they come out!
As always, thank you for cooking with me on Stark Naked Cooking and have a wonderful week. Until next weekend when our food adventures continue!
- 1 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 T. Sugar
- 1 T. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 T. Lemon Zest, Roughly 1/2 of a Lemon
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the milk, lemon zest, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 3 stages, stirring until just combined.*
- Heat a 12" griddle, or non-stick skillet, on the stove over medium-low heat and place a pad of butter.
- Once the butter has melted, using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon the batter onto the griddle or non-stick skillet. You should be able to fit 3-4 pancakes on the skillet at a shot.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the batter and let the pancakes cook until the top starts to form little air bubbles and the bottom side is golden-brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes over using a spatula and cook until golden-brown, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and some additional blueberries on top.
- *Just a Little Tip (JLT): Don't over stir, otherwise the pancakes will become tough.