Trying to figure out what to bring to your super bowl party? My two favorite game day menu items have to be pulled pork and nachos. Separately, they are incredible. Together, they are mind-blowing! There’s just something about the sweetness of the pulled pork and the salty, crunchiness of the nachos that just does it for me. (I’m a huge fan of sweet and savory items!) That’s why these Pulled Pork Nachos are so great; they are the best of both worlds!
In our household, we try to make dishes that we know can be used in a variety of ways. That’s what makes this dish so great. The Crock Pot Pulled Pork was wonderful for lunch and dinner as sliders, but, we had a decent amount leftover, that we wanted to try something different. This worked out amazingly as an option for a game day appetizer. That’s how we came to this week’s post for Pulled Pork Nachos!
Just start by reheating the remainder of the leftover pulled pork in a saucepan. (Feel free to use Chef Mike — aka the microwave — to heat up the pulled pork as well. No judgment here.) Using a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper, spread out the whole bag of nachos (yes, the whole bag). Next, evenly disperse the pulled pork, cheese, onions, half the tomatoes, and the jalapeños and then bake this beautiful concoction for 10 minutes at 350 F.
Once it is done — the cheese should be nicely melted — remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with a few dollops of plain Greek yogurt, the remainder of the tomatoes, Frank’s Red Hot (because, yes, we put that shit on everything) and sit down to enjoy!
We’re certain that no matter how large the division is in your group between the two teams playing in the Super Bowl, this appetizer will get everyone to sit down at the same table.
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe! Please feel free to share your pictures of your own Pulled Pork Nachos on Instagram and tag us at @starknakedcooking! We’d love to see how they come out!
As always, thank you for cooking with us on Stark Naked Cooking and have a wonderful week! Until next weekend, when our food adventure continues!
- 1 (9 oz.) bag tortilla chips
- 1 lb. pulled pork
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, diced (roughly 1 cup)
- 1-2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeño, halved
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Frank's Red Hot, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a baking sheet, line it with parchment paper, then evenly disperse the nachos as the first layer.
- Next, evenly disperse the pulled pork across the top of the nachos. Then do the same with the shredded cheese, sliced onions, half of the diced tomatoes, and the jalapeños.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, add dollops of the Greek yogurt over the top, add the cut avocado, and add the remainder of the diced tomatoes. Drizzle with some Frank's Red Hot and enjoy!